Tuesday, 27 October 2015

HALLOWEEN COSTUMES - FREE AND EASY WAYS TO GET CREATIVE!


Halloween is almost here! Is everyone else as excited as me? If you are like me though then you are also unprepared. Every year I think I will plan a really cool outfit and shop around for it and have the most original costume going but by the time October comes round its seems to fly by and lets face it, we don't all have the time to look around the internet for idea's, think up an original idea and run around every shop finding each piece of the outfit for the cheapest price. In the end we end up last minute in the fancy dress shop spending a lot of money on a cheap looking outfit that we don't even like or throwing on our outfit that we have worn for the last 3 years which makes us lose all our excitement for halloween. 


This year I figured there had to be a less stressful way to enjoy halloween. I wanted to feel excited about dressing up without having to fork out for it. Now, I can be a bit of a clothes hoarder because even if I have something I would never wear I always think I might just need this for a costume one day, even though the majority of the time it end up in a storage box in the loft and I forget I have it. I decided this year to raid ever piece of clothing I own and I knew that from those clothes I would be able to put together some costumes. Then I realised that anyone could do this! So here is how to have fun this halloween in the cheapest and easiest way and plus you will feel even more amazing about your outfit knowing that it's original! 


halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

MADONNA 
I have never been mad about madonna but since trying on this costume I really want to go as her this year! Its a super easy outfit to do and it's so effective. The main thing was having the tutu that was already in my dressing up stuff. Then I just paired it with a black leotard but you could you any kind of black top or a corset would be even better. Place some tights on underneath, I used some plain tights with a seam up the back but the best kind would be fishnets or footless tights. Put a big black belt on around your waist, it could be studded or covered in jewels or ribbons, you just want it to make a statement.  I wore some fingerless black leather gloves (or white gloves can be used) placed some chokers on and white beads, which are essential to this look. I topped it off with with a black fabric belt that I tide a knot in to shorten it and wrapped it around my head to tie in a big bow in the front or you could use just a big clip in bow to clip up the front of your hair. Style your hair with loads of body and curl or crimp it all over. I went for some big black rocker looking boots, again though you could pretty much go for any kind of black shoe. If you want to cover your shoulders or arms then use a leather jacket or for something more madonnaesque wear a black lace bolero. I've worn a back Madonna outfit because this was easiest to find in my wardrobe but you can also do this outfit completely in white which looks fab as well.


halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

ROCK CHICK
This is a super easy outfit to put together last minute. You just need an all black outfit, some leather, some studs and you're sorted. I threw on some black leather shorts, a suede crop top, suede knee high boots and a leather jacket. To top it off I accessorised with a black studded belt, some chokers and leather fingerless gloves. There are so many ways you can put this outfit together though. You can wear black dresses, Leather skirts, studded shoes and so many more things, pretty much anything goes. As long as it's black. Just remember to included all your leather and anything studded that you can find.


halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

PINK LADIES
I have literally been out on a normal night before and been told I look like a pink lady. I've taken that as a complement because who doesn't want to be one of them but I think that's saying that I have too many black clothes and I'm probably in the wrong era! But that also tells you how easy it is to pull this look off. All you need is some black high waisted leggings (and what girl doesn't have them now a days), a black top (off the shoulder is best) some court shoes and a 50's style scarf or hair band that you can tie around your neck


halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

CAT OR BUNNY 
This has to be the simplest one. throw on some black leggings and a black leotard or top. Wear some black courts or any black shoes really and just finish with the ears of your choosing. You can also add a tail to match and a dicky bow (I also added a cat bell to the bow for the cat costume). Create some killer (maybe even evil) animal make up to make your costume a little more original.



halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

80's 
This is such a fun costume to wear because pretty much anything goes as long as its bright. The more over the top the better! I tied up the only bright top I could find from a costume I wore when I was younger, threw on some bright tights with bright fishnets over the top which I think looks 10 times more fab than just one pair of tights. Don't worry if you ladder them, it fits the look! Add a bright Tutu (or two) or some bright shorts and your look is pretty much done. For accessories, wear brights coloured plastic jewellery, tie sone neon fabric in your hair as a headband and wear some fishnet arm sleeves. Any shoes will go for this outfit really. If you have a bright pair then great, if not then just slip on some courts. Trust me, with everything else thats going on with the outfit nobody will be looking at your shoes!



halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

50's
I love the 50's style. It's so elegant and classy but can still be quite fun. Pretty much any flared midi skirt you have will work for this look. Pair with an off the shoulder top, tie a 50's style scarf around your neck and wear some classic shoes. Style your hair in some vintage waves and wear classic make up with a red lip and you will be transformed into a an elegant 50's lady. 


halloween, fancy dress, costumes, free, easy, creative, original, madonna, pink ladies, 50s, 80s, cat, bunny, dark princess, rock chick, devil, vampire, dead bride, leopard, witch, scary, unique, fun, masks, make up, tutu, horns, ears, tiara, homemade, handmade, diy

DARK PRINCESS
Ok ok, this may not be a known costume but I had a tiara and of course what girl doesn't love an excuse to be a princess (plus I have been dying to use my black netted skirt in a halloween costume). You could wear pretty much any black dress or skirt for this, I would recommend the longer the better though. Wear your classiest black heels and accessorise with the biggest jewels and diamante's you have. I loved the idea of wearing a black mask, I think it really brings the outfit together. You could wear a coloured mask though (as long as it's not too bright) or you could do lace make up around your eyes which I think would look stunning. Of course last but not least, finish your outfit off with your tiara and prepare to feel like a bad ass princess for the night.



SIMPLE NIGHT OUT COSTUMES

If you and your friends have just planned a simple night out and don't want to go over the top with the costumes then here are a few simple outfits to look gorgeous without standing out as the boring one in the crowd. 

DEVIL - Wear an elegant red dress pair with red or black shoes, black accessories and just add some simple red horns.

CAT (or any other animal really) - Just wear a simple black outfit or your new leopard print top (or whatever will work as your animal of choice) and just add the ears. If you want to get a bit more involved then you could even do some animal print down your face.  

WITCH - You could wear black shorts (suede, sequin or leather) and a black top (lace would work best) or you favourite LBD. Put on your favourite black heels and just finish with a little witches hat, or even the tiny witches hats on headbands that are now available to stop you from constantly hitting people or losing it!

VAMPIRE - This costume is mainly about the make up. You could wear a black dress or skirt and top and add some red or purple accessories (chokers are the best). Choose shoes of your preference and just make sure your make up really shows what you are by using red and purple eyeshadows, maybe drawing some veins under your eyes, drip some blood from the side of your mouth with a dark red, purple, or black lippy and add some fangs. You can also add a cape to this outfit and you could even get creative and make it yourself!

DEAD BRIDE - All you need is to wear you fave white dress and heels and wear some elegant jewellery. For the dead bride part, just slip a simple small veil on like the little hen night ones. Wear some gorgeous elegant make up and use fake blood as a slit across your neck or dripping from your mouth. Super easy, everyone will know what you are and you will still look gorgeous. 


If you are looking for any accessories for your outfits like chokers, horns, ears, masks etc. then your best bet is going to claire's accessories. They have loads of accessories for halloween and you may even come across necklaces and earring that you can wear after you are finished with your costume. I know we all associate it with its magnetic earrings you would love as a kid but it actually has some really nice pieces now and it's definitely perfect for costumes because of it's cheap prices. You can shop online here.


Hope this post has been helpful for you all and given you some idea's for last minute costumes. If you use any of these Idea's or have any of your own then please let me know because I'm still not sure what I'm going to be going as this weekend! arghhhh!!!


1 comment:

  1. great post dear! Have a nice day:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete