Sunday, 20 September 2015

NEW MAC LIPSTICKS - MY FAVOURITES FOR FAIR SKIN




make up, mac, lipstick, lippy, lip colour, myth, please me, velvet teddy, taupe, neutral nude, muted rosy, tinted pink, muted red, beige, matte


I've been on a bit of an indulgent shopping spree lately deciding that everything I have been putting on my wish list for the last couple of months i would just go ahead and order, my excuse being that i feel unorganised if I have things unchecked on any lists I make. Clever excuse hey! 



make up, mac, lipstick, lippy, lip colour, myth, please me, velvet teddy, taupe, neutral nude, muted rosy, tinted pink, muted red, beige, matte


Anyway, a girls indulgent wish list inevitably lead to mac lipsticks being bought and of course, I love every single one. I am normally so predictable with my lip colours and have been annoying myself lately thinking I need to buy some different colours and only once I lined my new lippys up did I become pleasantly surprised with myself. These are probably the biggest range in lip colours I have bought for a long time so I thought I'd share with you what I've bought and it might help if you are stuck in a bit of a lippy colour rut yourself. 


make up, mac, lipstick, lippy, lip colour, myth, please me, velvet teddy, taupe, neutral nude, muted rosy, tinted pink, muted red, beige, matte
Left to Right - Myth, Please Me, Velvet Teddy, Taupe


Myth  Light neutral nude - For months I was looking for a perfect nude lipstick and couldn't find one so I eventually gave in and realised that I had to go to mac and I knew that they would be able to sort me out and of course they did. This is the perfect colour nude for me as it isn't too yellowy and doesn't make me look washed out. The only problem I have had with it is that I sometimes find that it doesn't sit properly on my lips and seems to move about. I think this might partly be because I'm used to matte lipsticks though so I just put a little bit of translucent powder on top of it and problem solved.



Please Me  Muted-rosy-tinted pink - I haven't bought such a girly colour in a long time and it took a while to get used to at first but once i adjusted it actually just looked like quite a natural healthy lip colour. My lips are always pale because of my circulation and my mum constantly tell me to put a colour on my lips because they make my look like I'm ill. Now its problem solved, it gives my whole face more colour and I sometimes use my brown lip liner underneath so it's not quite as bright but with a browner blush and darker eyes it has actually made me enjoy wearing pinks again. 



Velvet Teddy  Deep-tone beige (Matte) -  This is most definitely my new favourite lipstick! I want to wear it everyday. As soon as mac released it I knew it was a good colour for me but I didn't quite realise how good it would look on. It goes with pretty much every make up and fashion look you can come up with because its on the same palette as most nudes. Also it sits perfectly on your lips and is long wearing. I would be surprised if I came across someone who didn't like this lipstick. 



Taupe  Muted reddish-taupe brown (Matte) - have had a long loving relationship with this lipstick and yet I have only just bought it. My friend has had this lipstick for a while now and every time I go out with her I would always end wiping off whatever I had on and using taupe instead. I never tire of it's colour. It somehow always makes the rest of my mac up look flawless and gives that extra bit of a polished look from the simplest make up to the boldest. The colour doesn't seem as dark on the lips as looks on this picture but that totally depends on the colour of lip liner you use underneath. Once again this lipstick stays on your lips for hours. 


make up, mac, lipstick, lippy, lip colour, myth, please me, velvet teddy, taupe, neutral nude, muted rosy, tinted pink, muted red, beige, matte


All the lipsticks here are £15.50 and all links are included above. Everyone knows you can't go very wrong when it comes to buying/wearing mac lipsticks but I always think it's so hard to find what colour I want to buy because they sell so many and are constantly churning out more but I hope this helps some of you narrow down your search. What shades are are your favouite? Which ones have you found best suit paled skin gals like me? And what lippys are on new onto your wishlist? 




6 comments:

  1. I really want 'Velvet Teddy', I think it's going to be my next MAC purchase thanks to your post!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely get it! I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't love it, it will not be wasted.
      Thanks for reading.
      Jazmin x

      Delete
  2. I have fairly olive skin, but these shades are so gorgeous that I'll just have to give them a go haha!

    Emily // Lynde Avenue Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't blame you. to be honest I think velvet teddy and taupe in particular would just about suit anyone anyway! I'm just an unfortunate one thats been stuck with pale skin so thats all I know!
      Thanks for reading.
      Jazmin x

      Delete
  3. I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out here: http://blvcknwhite.blogspot.rs/2015/09/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you! I love answering the questions on this! I will hopefully have the post up next week :)
      Jazmin x

      Delete