Wednesday, 22 July 2015

MAKE UP MUST HAVES



Ok so here is the start of many make up posts I'm sure and I'm starting with a look at some of my favourite products I have found over the years. I've tried to include quite a few pieces so I will try to keep it brief.




make up, review, illamasqua, real techniques, urban decay, naked 3, benefit, mac, sleek, crown brush, body shop, eyeshadow, foundation, concealer, contour, brushes, sponge, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip scrub, primer,


I've been buying lots of exciting new products the last month or so and I feel a need to share my thoughts on them because, even though I have a massive interest in make up and love to shop around and try stuff on, I still feel overwhelmed by the amount of products out there when it comes to buying something new and sometimes find it hard to know what brand or product is going to suit me best. (Find links and short reviews below)



make up, review, illamasqua, real techniques, urban decay, naked 3, benefit, mac, sleek, crown brush, body shop, eyeshadow, foundation, concealer, contour, brushes, sponge, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip scrub, primer,

BASE MAKE UP

Breaking it up, I'll start with my base make up first. I've alway been very picky with this part of my make up routine because I have struggled with terrible acne and combination skin over the years but I always manage to find some products that work amazingly with my skin. Having said that, I'll introduce my biggest obsession lately, ILLAMASQUAFrom the minute I was introduced to this brand I have been hooked. So here are my go to, reliable to look fabulous, Illamasqua products:


HYDRA VEIL & MATTE VEIL - The most refreshing, feel good primer I've ever used. Hydra Veil is a gel primer that hydrates your skin and always gives your skin a cooling and soothing effect. (And just feels god damn amazing on your face!). Ever since i can remember i have always preferred a matte look on myself over a dewy look and hense me trying out the new Matte Veil. It has a very similar feel to the to the Hydra veil but its mattifies the skin before you have applied your make up to give you long lasting shine free skin and comes in a creamy form. Both products can be used under your primer but for months i have used these products as my main primer and they have been brilliant for me and they last me for so long! 
shop here


SKIN BASE - Since using this foundation I have barely been using any concealer which i normally rely on. It is incredibly light on your skin and only a small amount is needed to cover your face but the best part, if you need more coverage because of blemishes, dark circles or any other reason, just use a little bit more. You can keep building it up to get the right coverage for you. Plus its stays on for so long without budging! Everyone needs this product! In the picture I have both Skin Base 6 and Skin Base 7, the lighter one i use of the daytime and the darker one for evenings. Once again, this product lasts you months! shop here


SKIN BASE LIFT CONCEALER - As well as acne, from young, I've also suffered from dark circles under my eyes and found it hard to get concealers that cover them. Skin Base Lift does the job perfectly though. It doesn't sit heavy under my eyes and has quite light tones that tend to illuminate rather than darken. 
shop here


LOOSE TRANSLUCENT POWDER - Linking back in with my preferred matte look, this powder is an absolute must for me. This sets my make up perfectly and keeps my face matte all day and stops any Sweaty Upper Lip Alert moments from happening on those sticky summer days or sweaty club night dancing sessions. There is also a pressed translucent powder available. 
shop here


THE ULTIMATE SKIN TRINITY & SKIN BASE MIXER - (white & terracotta)
Theres been a deal on for a while at Illamasqua called ultimate skin trinity where you can get your Hydra/Matte Veil, Skin Base Foundation and Skin Base Lift Concealer all for £70 which is great value. I recently got this deal and what made it even better is that when I bought these products in store they threw in 2 Skin Base Mixers. I am quite pale but i find my skin colour seems to change day to day, then there are times where I will have a bit or a lot of tan on and even more importantly is when my skin changes on holiday or through the summer I have a nightmare getting my foundations to match each day. Instead of constantly having to find new products, these have been the answer to my prayers. Just the tiniest dot of white to lighten or terracotta to darken and I have myself my same old trustee foundation in a different colour. Trust me these are genius! Unfortunately I cant find the skin base mixers on line but you should be able to get hold of them in store. 
Here's the link for the ultimate skin trinity shop here



make up, review, illamasqua, real techniques, urban decay, naked 3, benefit, mac, sleek, crown brush, body shop, eyeshadow, foundation, concealer, contour, brushes, sponge, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip scrub, primer,


CONTOUR & HIGHLIGHTERS

CROWN BRUSH 10 COLOUR CONCEALER PALETTE - Just recently I have got into contouring, along with the rest of the world it seems, but it took me forever to find the product that I wanted, and then I came across this. I had in mind that I wanted a cream palette but after shopping round for ages i realised that there weren't a lot of them about and if I found a cream one the price sky rocketed. I found this palette for £16.99, and its been amazing. So many colours to choose from depending on how subtle or extreme you want your contour and they blend perfectly. Another bonus, as I said before, it seems like my skin is constantly changing colour and now I have a concealer to match my skin every single day. Such a brilliant buy and I'm glad I took the chance on it considering I had never used crown brush products before. 



make up, review, illamasqua, real techniques, urban decay, naked 3, benefit, mac, sleek, crown brush, body shop, eyeshadow, foundation, concealer, contour, brushes, sponge, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip scrub, primer,


These are just a couple of contouring products I bought that are quick to use and you can just put on top of your make up to quickly transform daytime make up to evening glamour.


SKULPTING POWDER DUO (heliopolis & lumos) - These beautiful powders are so quick and easy to use. You can mix the colours to create your own shades and can use with water to create more of a bold look. I use these every day with the darker matte colour to skulpt under my cheekbone and the lighter shimmer to highlight on top. Only a tiny amount of these powers are needed in each go and even better is the fact that they can double up as eyeshadows.


GEL SKULP (silhouette) - I originally bought this product because I saw the results and loved them, then i got home, opened it up and realised I didn't have a clue how to use this extremely dark brown gel stick. Anyway after watching a couple of tutorials I had gotten the hand of it and realised it was actually an incredibly easy way to contour and define my face. Also I find that this can be applied under or on top of the rest of your make up depending on whatever suits you that day so it is a handy thing to have in your bag to transform your make up and can also be used with any skin colour.



 
make up, review, illamasqua, real techniques, urban decay, naked 3, benefit, mac, sleek, crown brush, body shop, eyeshadow, foundation, concealer, contour, brushes, sponge, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, lip scrub, primer,

EYES & LIPS

- URBAN DECAY NAKED 2 PALETTE - 
Every girl needs a naked palette. Since buying mine I have completely neglected all my other eyeshadows and every time I wear the naked colours I constantly get compliments on my eye make up. The only problem I have with the palette is that there are a couple of eyeshadows I use every day and therefore they run out much quicker. Next time I would definitely buy either one of the naked basics palettes or I would buy a build your own palette to refill the eyeshadows I have used up. Either way, naked palettes are a must have. 


- ILLAMASQUA EYESHADOW (daemon) - 
In October i went to watch an Illamasqua make up tutorial for some halloween looks and thats when i first came across this eyeshadow. Yes it may of been used in a demonstration for halloween but it created such a beautifully bold look that it was immediately on my to buy list but was I hesitant because i wasn't sure how often i would use it. It turns out very often. Every night out I have planned I try and use it because its so unusual but creates a beautiful look and goes with a lot more than i thought it would. Even though it looks incredibly bright red it actually can go on quite subtle at first and builds to be a bold look to suit whatever mood your in. Such a good buy if you are looking for something a bit different. 


 - ILLAMASQUA LIP STICK -
Minx - warm rose, satin finishUnfortunately, the majority of the time, I'm quite predictable with my lip colours lately and always pick browns and nudes. Although Mink is described a as a warm rose, I use it with a similar colour lip pencil and it makes it more of a rich brown colour. This is definitely my favourite Lipstick. 

Vampette - deep berry, satin finish - Vampette is a lipstick like none I have ever used before. Its a colour that makes a statement and surprisingly its goes with so many different looks. I would only of ever looked at a colour like this is the past for halloween but for my 21st I had my make up done at illamasqua and they did soft blue smokey eyes to match my dress and I asked them to recommend a lipstick and they came to me with this and to be honest, I was hesitant, but once it was on I was honestly amazed with it and had to have it.


MAC LIP STICK (myth) -
Everyone knows that mac lipsticks are amazing and everyone knows that nowhere does nude lipsticks better than mac. That being said, i don't think there is much more i need to say about this lipsticks except that its nude and it mac so therefore a must have. 


- MAC LIP PENCIL (half red) -
Like I've just said, mac are brilliant with their lip products and colours and this product is no exception. I use this lip pencil far too often and with so many different coloured lipsticks because it creates a great base on my lips and stops my lipsticks from moving for hours. Also this colour is a perfect match for the Illamasqua minx lipstick that I've listed above.


- SLEEK MATTE ME LIP CREAM (birthday suit) -
Before this lip cream I barely wore lipstick because I always hated them wearing off throughout the day or night and having to reapply or them smudging off my lips or outside of my lips. I now wear this lip cream nearly every day. Its matte which is my favourite and it never moves or smudges no matter how long you have it on for. Plus I love this colour. This is the best lipstick/gloss I've ever used and its much cheaper than most out there.



All the make up I have listed here lasts me for such a long time and is incredibly long wearing make up because I can never be bothered with the hassle of having to top up my make up throughout the day or night.

There will be photo's to follow shortly of the results of these products. Also if you have any questions about products or advice on what to choose or how to use anything please don't hesitate to message me and ask. You can also find some tutorials online at Illamasqua and plenty of other sites.


No comments:

Post a Comment